Friday 3 May 2013

Good Morning Smoothie!

I love fruit smoothies, especially in the morning when the weather starts getting warmer. I just throw everything into the jug and blend.

This morning I made myself a simple smoothie of strawberries, banana and almond milk. I used frozen strawberries today, for convenience - I like the Europe's Best brand because there is no sugar or extra added ingredients. 



The fat bubble tea straws are also fun to use, especially for those tiny pieces of banana, if I don't blend fully!



Does anyone else like smoothies? What are your favourite ingredients to add?

6 comments:

TaB said...

Hi!
How many cups for berries and how many bananas? I usually over banana it, lol

TheBookNurse said...

That looks good!

Kitty Chan's Kitchen said...

Thanks! It was really refreshing :)

Kitty Chan's Kitchen said...

TaB, I used 3/4 cup of the berries (sliced, not whole), one small banana and 1 cup of Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla almond milk. I blended the almond milk and banana first and added the strawberries last, which seemed to make it creamier than usual.

Sophie Lise > IndigoMuse said...

I also love blueberries, cherries, papaya! I'm so glad you're doing this blog, Kimmy!

Kitty Chan's Kitchen said...

mmm papaya! Will have to give that a whirl :)