Monday 17 June 2013

Kale Salad with Red Quinoa & Aduki Beans

As previously mentioned, kale is one of the healthiest vegetables around. It's high in fiber, iron, vitamin K, A & C, calcium, is an anti-inflammatory food and can help lower cholesterol levels - plus it's delicious!
If you are a fan of leafy greens and never tried kale, now's a good time to start.

To make this salad, I wash and dry one bunch of kale, remove the ribs from the leaves, tear them into bite size pieces and throw them into a large bowl. I prepare the leaves in the same way I make my favourite kale chips - I add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons of organic agave and 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast, then massage the ingredients into the kale by hand until it is soft.

Once the kale is prepared, I add some spring onions, aduki beans, red quinoa and hemp seeds and it's ready for eating.




No comments: